From the knowledge and the experience that I’ve acquired as a #FirstTimeMother here we have some tips and tricks to keep us UP! Because there are critical moments when you have your first child and I think that parents who have been through these situations will agree with me, even the daddys, those who get up, stay with us and actually help so much, even when they have to get up early to work.
They are super simple tips to follow, it’s just a reminder, we know that sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves. Taking care of a newborn baby is a job as beautiful as demanding, both physically and emotionally. So, we can not forget that a happy mom will make a happy baby:
1. Breakfast: I do not know how many times I have realized after two or three hours after I got up that I didn’t take my breakfast, and I used to put it as the first thing on my list, I dreamed about having breakfast. I suggest you to include protein, not only in this important meal but in all of them, plus, whole grains, they give us a lot of energy.
2. Stay hydrated: Dehydration brings mood swings, lack of attention and fatigue, so, let’s drink water.
3. Include fruits and vegetables: You need the vitamins and minerals that they provide.
4. Supplements: Ask your doctor what nutritional supplements you could and should take. My favorites: folic acid, vitamin C and zinc especially to strengthen the immune system.
5. Exercise: Check with your doctor when you can start, in my case I had to wait 3 months after having my baby. So, 30 minutes of walking can give you healthy benefits, it keeps you body oxygenated, release endorphins, eliminate toxins and get fit, which increases your self-esteem.
6. Ask for help: Your mom, sister, husband can give you a little help. Sometimes we want to do everything on our own, but we must accept that from time to time a little help is always necessary. At least for taking a bath for more than 5 minutes.
7. Go out with your loved one: Find time to be together. Any plan is the best plan, but life as a couple should not be ignored. Of course you will miss your baby as soon as you leave home, I’ve been there, but, trust me on this one, it will be very good for your relationship.
9. Sleep every time you can! When the baby sleeps take that chance.
10. Enjoy every moment and your baby.
Since exercise is one of those habits that really can give you "Boost" of energy, I’ll leave this simple routine where you can activate your torso, your entire abdominal area and your buttocks in a very easy way without even doing the typical abdominal exercises.
Exercise with this workout circuit 3 or 4 times one after another, 15 to 20 repetitions per exercise. Remember that you may or may not use the elastic bands and you will still enjoy of all the benefits.
At the end of the video you can see a close-up of my companion of today's training, my princess Manuela.